Apropos de nous
The Yukon Human Rights Commission promotes equality and diversity through research, education and enforcement of the Yukon Human Rights Act.
The Yukon Human Rights Commission was established in 1987 to administer the Yukon Human Rights Act.
The Yukon Human Rights Commission:
- is independent from the Yukon Government
- provides human rights training and educational resources
- assists both the complainant and respondent
- encourages and assists with settlement efforts
The Yukon Human Rights Act
- sets out the legal framework for protecting human rights
- promotes and protects human rights in Yukon
- establishes the Yukon Human Rights Commission and the Board of Adjudication